Here are some examples to improve your security.
1) Always use two factor authentication on all accounts (including e-mail).
2) Do not use the same password for all platforms that you use.
3) Use encrypted e-mail service (eg protonmail.com).
4) Avoid using public Wifi internet as your personal information could be vulnerable to attack.
5) Coins that you have on the exchange should be used only for trading purposes; shift coins that you are intending to hold long term onto a online/offline wallet.